". Arranged Words: Hooked on Rugs

8 Apr 2014

Hooked on Rugs



In a previous post, I mentioned an antique rug and promised to post a few pictures. This rug is approximately 100 years old and was made from scraps of old clothing, etc. As you can see, the rug has never been finished, nor has it been used so the colours are vibrant. 

A lot of forethought went into this project. I admire the colours they choose [I know where this rug came from] and, to me, it's amazing that they had enough scraps to complete each square to near perfection. (There are a few colour changes and perhaps materials in the non-flowered sections.)

Besides old houses, old rugs, and tin ceilings, I also love canvas floor cloths. Several years ago, I thought about reproducing one, but without a kit I'm sure I'd be lost.







Have a great week!

No comments: