". Arranged Words: Enjoying the Moments

3 Dec 2014

Enjoying the Moments

Ahead of Schedule ~ Stocking made by me. I bought the cute cinnamon stick Santas.
 
Behind schedule. But I'm certain this eager Amaryllis will catch up almost as soon as its planted.


As you can see, I'm getting into the spirit of things.  Like most people, I have plans for Christmas, and somethings are ahead of schedule and somethings are behind. ( I'll leave my knitting projects for another post.)  These days I've less to do, so I try not to worry too much. If it's not "in the bag" by December 23th, I say who needs it!

I haven't always been this enlightened. I used to get up early on Christmas morning, not only to stuff and cook the biggest turkey in the kingdom, but also to bake rolls, make a fresh sweet potato puff while peeling a mountain of different vegetables, and sometimes I even baked a hot pie or two. In those days, I was a wee bit hidebound and everything and I mean everything (including a spit spot house) had to be "fresh."

Thankfully, I've changed and I try and do things with a bit more ease. I could put it down to laziness, apathy, or age, but I think it's more about enjoying the moments and savoring the good.

Thanks for reading...

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

I, too, no longer do as much as I used to for the holidays. I remind myself to only do what I most want to do and drop the rest. That truly is the way to enjoy the moments. Happy holiday preparations, Dixie!

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

That's definitely the way to do it. I love all the decorations; they are colourful and uplifting!
Thanks, Carolyn. Have fun and enjoy "decking the halls," too!