". Arranged Words: Colour Therapy

2 Feb 2015

Colour Therapy

A recent arrival. What gorgeous colours.
I'd like to take this opportunity to welcome new followers to my blog!  Also, thank you for your lovely comments. I do appreciate your kindness and support. 

And what a great group of talented women I've encountered! I say women because I haven't run across any men yet, but I've  several places left to visit.  It's such a great hop; I've had so much fun and it's not over yet.

Although I've picked up my shawl a few times, I haven't been knitting much lately because I've been busy drawing and painting, but I hope to finish my shawl and post a few pictures within the next two weeks.

In case you do not know about it, the draw for my GYB giveaway is on Feb 15th. It's open to everyone. If you haven't already entered you can do so here.

With the snow piling up outside yet again, I am enjoying the colourful blooms I have inside.


'Til next time...

13 comments:

Barbara Lilian in France said...

Nice to see the colourful flowering African Violet and the deep pink of your Orchid . They would be nice to paint. You have a large selection of colours. Are your paints acrylic ?

Kim said...

Those potted plants will add a ray of sunshine to your your wintry landscape. I love the opening photo of your colourful paints,paint brushes and brightly coloured pencils all ready for your masterpieces. Oh and the lovely mug filled with tea....aah bliss!

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Hi Barbara,
I've drawn the orchid, and would love to replicate that colour complete with spots, but it's a long shot. ☺
It's Schmincke watercolour paint. A lot of the colours are transparent so the true colour shows through if you are building colour-no mud.

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Hi Kim,
I do love plants, and they do perk me up, especially this time of year.
Thanks. I agree with your "aah" ~ tea and a bit of painting for the afternoon. Bliss to be sure.
Enjoy...

Lorraine said...

Such beautiful, colorful plants. Can't wait to see what you put on that empty page. What a lovely place to create.

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Thanks Lorraine. I've got a few more African violets that will bloom in a week or so. Can't wait...

Barbara Lilian in France said...

Thanks for the info Dixie.
Good luck with orchid painting.

Fil said...

Your orchid is a fabulous colour - I love orchids .. it would have been something in years gone by to have cultivated them in a garden room :)
Fil
Fil’s Place - Old songs and Memories

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

I have two others that I'm hoping I can coax into bloom, but without lights itmay not work, but it's worth a try.
O, a garden room definitely sounds lovely, Fil.

Karin G said...

Thank you for sharing these wonderful colors to brighten these grey Winter days.

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

You are very welcome, Karin. It's a treat to see so much colour on the blogs I visit, too.

Una said...

Hello, Dixie, your work is fabulous especially your shawls. I will enjoy following your blog.

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Welcome aboard!
And thanks so much, Una.