". Arranged Words: This and That

3 Mar 2015

This and That

Lady Slipper ~ I've painted a few of these.

Although I was reluctant to do so, I decided to use one of my shell plates for painting.  It has worked out well because I can easily see the true colour of the paint, and the added bonus, the grooves on the side act as a brush holder. 

When my son saw my new palette, he raised an eyebrow.  Did he think that I might covertly wash the plate and put it back in the cupboard? Chuckle.



A gift. Unfortunately it arrived a bit water logged. Also, on the way here it lost several of its buds because of the arctic temperatures. But its still beautiful!

The large flower is approximately 5 inches across. 

***
On the needles...

I found out that, for me, a paint brush is not a substitute for knitting needles. It seems my fingers also need to knit. Originally, I frogged [for those folks that do not knit that's knit speak for unraveling, or in frog terms rip it, rip it.] this shawl to use the yarn for another project. Ran out of yarn for that project and had to order more. And because I spent my knitting budget on paints, there's no new yarn in my stash, so although the pattern is different, it seems like a re-run, but I really like this bright colour.


The tulip shawl

Lastly, I recently joined Instagram. For an easy transition, I bought an app, but the fit still isn't right for my new camera ~ older pics work fine. Does anyone have any suggestions, or have success with a certain app?

If you are an Instagram member, please let me know. My link for Instagram is at the top of the page.

Enjoy...

8 comments:

Kim said...

Oh you are clever, Dixie; your Lady Slipper flower is lovely....however do you paint so beautifully. Your tulip shawl is such a pretty colour and such a gorgeous pattern. Your gifted Orchid is beautiul.....another subject to paint perhaps??

Lorraine said...

Your painting is wonderful. I love pink flowers and you've really added a lot of detail. Good luck with the orchid.

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

O, maybe on of these days I may try and paint an orchid; they are a bit intimidating.
Thanks so much, Kim.
Do have a great weekend!

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

I had a bloom fall on that particular orchid, but I sure enjoyed it while it lasted!
Thank you, Lorraine.

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

Beautiful painting, love the details in the leaves. I get the the same look that you got from son from my husband when I use kitchen dish to mix paint. Haha! The tulip shawl is looking fabulous. Yup, I agree with you - fingers need to knit :)

-Soma

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

I'm looking foward to knitting up a storm this weekend. That's if I do not fall into a frogging frenzy, generally caused by Netflix.
Thank you, Soma
Enjoy the weekend...

MartiDIY said...

I love your painting! A grooved plate is a great idea too. I like mixing paint on glass so much more than a porous or rough surface. I haven't joined Instagram yet. I keep thinking I will but I think I need a tutorial first. I'll watch your blog to see how you do it. I'd like to be able to post photos from my laptop and apparently, a special app is needed for that.

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Thank you!

I have used an app on my i pad for instagram and I've noticed that the pictures that I've transferred from my computer to my i pad and then on to instagram are a bit fuzzy, but not the pictures from the older camera that I had. It may have something to do with the size.