". Arranged Words: Wee Treasures

31 Mar 2015

Wee Treasures

The book on the left a lovely gift.

As you can see when they bloom this year, I'll be ready to identify a few more wildflowers. Every area has it's winners and the one that I like to cross paths with here in Ontario is named Pussy toes. It reminds me of Arctic cotton. I have an Arctic cotton specimen tucked away in one of my books. I tend to tuck treasures in my books and since I have many, I don't really know where they are. So on occasion, I'll open a book that I haven't read for ages and find a flower, or other treasure that I've tucked inside; it might be a ticket stub for a concert, art gallery, or a play, dried flowers, a small thank you card, an old dollar bill, leaves, etc.; and sometimes even a picture pops out that I haven't seen for a very long time. To me, they are all priceless memory lane treasures that never fail to make me smile.

An unknown wildflower picked above the Arctic circle. I do remember where I picked it.







Of course, these days, since many wildflowers are endangered, it's better not to go about randomly picking wildflowers, so I am generally armed with a camera.


                                Happy Easter!



6 comments:

Lorraine said...

I can imagine the treasures you find in your books. Me - I'm always misplacing the field guides. (I see your little succulents over there on the left - so sweet.)

Kim said...

How lovely for you to open a book and find something that reminds you of a treasured memory. Love your little vignette of Easter, it is very sweet. May you have a blessed Easter, Dixie!

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Thanks, Lorraine. So far the succelents are growing quite well: they are loving all the sunshine we've been having.
Enjoy...

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

It is fun and it wasn't something I set out to do; it just happened.
Thanks, Kim. And a very Happy Easter to you and yours!

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

What a wonderful way to hide little treasures for finding at a later time. A very beautiful post, Dixie! Happy Easter :)

-Soma

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Hi Soma,
Thanks so much, Soma.
Have a wonderful Easter!