". Arranged Words: Doodles/Drawing

7 Apr 2015

Doodles/Drawing


Using a 4H pencil for this drawing.  Actually, I usually use between a 2H-4H  because I don't like smudges. (I darkened this pic so you can see it.)  For a sketchbook, darker pencils would be better, but old habits are hard to break. I hope it have it finished and ready to paint soon.
Matcha latte.  A late afternoon pick me up. Not your traditional Japanese "Way of the Tea" but it's close. I add a dash of honey and cinnamon. 

And finally from the watched pot....a little success. The Glory lily has grown over a foot since it broke ground on Friday.


Have a lovely week...

4 comments:

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

Good point about hard pencils. I should get a couple. I usually end up grabbing a HB since they are more readily found in my boxes. The drawing looks great! How wonderful that your Glory lily is growing nicely and the Matcha latte looks so deliciously refreshing :)

Enjoy your day,
-Soma

Carolyn said...

I wish that I had a glory lily growing. I never heard of a glory lily before I read about it in one of your posts. I will be watching yours.

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

I was hoping for one of those lovely designs in the milk foam for the Matcha, but as you can see that turned into an epic fail. :) The tea shoppe people make it look so easy.
Thank you, Soma.
Have a great weekend!

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Hi Carolyn,
I found it at Walmart. Definitely unexpected. It's growing better than a weed. I just checked and it's about 29 Inches tall now. I've never seen anything grow so fast. It's like Jack's beanstock. :)
I've also planted Oxalis and they are up. And I have Ranunculus bulbs to plant, too. It's so nice to see a few sprouts; there's not much growth happening outside yet.
Enjoy the weekend!