". Arranged Words: Inspiration on the Wing

16 Feb 2016

Inspiration on the Wing

Another doodle that I finished over the weekend. Most of my sketches have a bird in them. They are such delightful creatures--creators of mystery and wonder. 
Recently my son, Jesse, and I were out feeding the birds. When these chickadees, inquisitive and a little cautious, flew down for a seed they did pause to stare at us. Hopefully, when we  go back to visit, they will remember the funny wingless beings bearing hard seeds to crack.



A fuzzy pic taken with my too cold phone in my left hand.

A quick sketch of a Lyre Bird.
 If you haven't seen this short video, it's definitely worth watching. It's narrated by David Attenborough. In case I haven't said it yet, I'd really like to meet him!



"I realized that If I had to choose, I would rather have birds
than airplanes. "
Charles Lindbergh


And to sum up: "I'd like to paint the way a bird sings." Monet

 May your week be filled with wonder.

'Til next time...








11 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Your drawings are sweet and I love your photos. That bird in the video was amazing, especially the shutter of the camera.

Have a great week ~ FlowerLady

Renee said...

Your drawings are lovely. I absolutely adore the top one with the birdhouse, bird and flowers. Beautiful work!

Carolyn said...

Great post, Dixie! I love the chickadees and the Lindbergh quote.

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Thanks, Carolyn. When I came across that quote by Lindbergh, I was a bit surprised, so I had to include it.

Fil said...

That bird is fabulous - he'd make you smile in the morning :) The camera shutter ahahahahaha fantastic. How clever he is.
Your doodles are just beautiful.

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Thank you, Fil
It's amazing what he can do. He is a charming fellow! A fine mimic for sure.

NatureFootstep said...

I did see a glimps of the Lyre bird when I visited Queensland. But not long enough to get a shot :(

Love your art. I have an art meme if you want to share it.
NF DAM opens on wednesday if you like to share your art.
nfverk.blogspot.com

Marly said...

Amazing how tame those little birds were! Clever of you to get a photo without scaring him off.

krislovesfabric said...

What a fun experience to capture! A true bird in the hand!

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

How did I miss this post?!! It's so great that they came down to sit on your fingers. The blue "doodle" is beautiful. Love the curious look on the bird. The lyre bird is gorgeous, Dixie. Will you make a painted version of it?

-Soma

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

How wonderful that the bird flew to your hand and amazing that you managed to take photos. I'd never have been that organised! Your 'doodles' are beautiful too, though I feel bad saying 'doodles'. They really are works of art :)