". Arranged Words: Spring or Thereabouts

4 Apr 2023

Spring or Thereabouts

                                                       
Hi Everyone,

 Now in the early morning, the sun lights the prisms and they dance on the wall.  And in these parts that means spring.  But from the ice and snow still about, you can see that, here in Canada, winter tends to hang on, sometimes, a little longer than necessary. But it is so wonderful to feel the warmth of the sun and enjoy longer days.

Yesterday, we went to the Sugar Bush where Maple syrup is made. What a busy spot. Too busy to hang about waiting for breakfast, and the snowy trails were over flowing with people as well.  Although there was no hope of getting served breakfast before closing time, it was nice to see everyone out and about enjoying life. 

Also made a trip to the marsh. We saw a lot of robins. They were looking for a tasty morsel or two. Not easy for them to find food just now. Unfortunately, I didn't have any raisins with me. Did have sunflower seeds for the hungry chickadees, Starlings, and the squirrels were happy to see us too.



                                                             Garden Centre Easter delights.  


                                                    All that colour! It makes my heart sing.

                 Couldn't resist buying, probably, too many plants. (Is that even possible?) 
                Absolutely love the miniature African Violets dressed up in their polka dot pots.

                                 
                        Saw painted candles somewhere, so wanted to give it a go. As you can                                                              see I got a little off course. 
                                                      
                                                              * * *
 Really enjoying the linocut printer makers art I've happened upon lately. They are amazing!
 Besides Angela Harding, John Bloor is also a wonderful printer maker. 
 A link to his Etsy shop here


                                                
                                                          Stone Harbour by John Bloor  
                                                           Couldn't resist this one. 

                                       
                                                     An inspiring book. Oh to be half so good.
                                    One of these days I will dig out my carving tools.

                           

Found this embroidery kit on Etsy. Love to knit, but, for now, this is much easier on the hands.
  Made the needle minder a few years ago from paper clay; it's finally getting used.

                                                 Watercolour on Fluid 100 paper. 
                     
Because of Blogger's fickle ways, I wasn't able to leave replies to your comments here on my last post. Perhaps this time. I do thank you all for your lovely comments. 

                               I hope you all have a very Happy Easter!

                                         Cultivate Your Dreams 

                               Linking to Link Parties via my link party page. 
                                                Thanks to all for hosting.  

41 comments:

Kim said...

Wow, hydrangea flowers so early?? Why is it that winter always hangs around longer than it should?? =) Those African violets are pretty and the Stone Harbour artwork is fascinating. I wouldn't be able to resist it either. Love your embroidery piece; it is lovely. Enjoy all that warm spring sunshine, Dixie.

NCSue said...

What a sweet post. I love your drawing at the bottom, too.
Thanks for sharing at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2023/04/aaaah-springtime.html

Jenn Jilks said...

I love the colours!

Veronica Lee said...

The flowers are so pretty!

Love your water colour painting, Dixie.

Hugs and blessings

Kym said...

Love the flowers and all the beautiful artwork! Quite inspiring! Visiting from Peabea's link-up today

Villrose said...

Pretty flowers and colors!

Jeanie said...

Oh, the garden centers are waking up, aren't they? Those hydrangeas are stunners! and I love the John Bloor card you shared here. That's beautiful. Our snow in Michigan is gone (at least where I am) but the rains are here. It's always something!

Happy week to you!

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Thank you so much! Happy Easter, Sue.

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Thank you, Jenn.

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Hi Veronica,
Many Thanks. Have a lovely Easter!

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

I was so happy to see all the flowers!
Thank you, Kym.

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Thankyou, Villrose.
Have a lovely Easter.

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Just one Centre open here so far. What a sight for sore eyes!
Spring has plans for later it seems. But it won't be denied. :)
Happy Easter, Jeanie.

Suzana said...

Enjoy your plants and your works. They are very beautiful!

Have a Happy Easter, full of colors, Dixie!😘❤️

Rudbekia said...

I wish that the time of Easter was an opportunity for you to rest and reflect, as well as fill your heart with hope and give strength so that you can realize all your plans. Happy Hallelujah!

Christine said...

Lovely spring art

Peabea Scribbles said...

You're so talented. Love the idea of making a needle minder. May have to venture a try as I've gone back to needle work. Really like the embroidery as well as all the other things here. Love seeing the colorful flowrs as we have none yet. I did see that my grape hyacinth has bloomed and brought some in. They're so tiny, but I did find a really small vase for them. Have a happy weekend.

My name is Erika. said...

Your spring looks like ours here in New Hampshire. But spring is coming. More and more every day our snow melts. And your spring and Easter flowers are beautiful. Have a lovely weekend and Happy Easter to you.

Tom said...

...there can never be too many flowers, particular at the time of year. Enjoy your weekend.

Christine said...

Lovely art and beautiful flowers.

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Happy Easter, Suzana. Thank you.

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Thank you for the lovely wishes.
Best Wishes and Happy Easter to you.

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Oh, just love the wee grape hyacinths. Not a bloom outside yet. But things are stirring underground. :)
Easy to make the needle minder. I used a cookie cutter and paper clay. And, of course, attached a small magnet to the bottom.
Many thanks.
And Happy Easter.

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Yes, spring is on the way. Soon it will happen, and the flowers will laugh as well. :)
Happy Easter, Erika.

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Very true, Tom.
Flowers are just wonderful.
You too. Have a lovely Easter weekend.

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Thank you, Christine.

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

What a moment in time ... snow on the ground and brightly colored flowers all about. And, I even love your prism colors on the wall. Love the printer art too ... I think I will have to take a tour through Etsy ... so much to look at. So what is paper clay ... don't think I have ever heard the term so I assume I have never used it. Now I am curious. Your embroidery is looking good too. Lots of lovelies today Dixie ... Happy Easter to you and yours ...

Andrea @ From the Sol

Gillena Cox said...

Happy Easter Dixie. Thanks for linkibg to Art For Fun Friday

Much💖love

peppylady (Dora) said...

Our snowdrops and crocus are up. I embrodiary as well.
I took part in Art For Fun Friday.
Coffee is on and stay safe.

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Hi Andrea,
Paper clay is an air dry clay. Easy to work with; you can add a bit of water if necessary to make it a little more pliable. Once dry it can be painted with acrylics.
Well, that is what I use, but probably other mediums would work as well.
I use the Creative brand, so have no idea bout the others.
I hope you give it a try.
Thank you.
Happy Easter!
And have a Happy Easter!

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Thank you, Gillena.
Happy Easter.

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

No flowers blooming here just yet. But the sun will soon do its magic.
Thank you for your visit, Dora.
Happy Easter.

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Wonderful color variety with all those blooms! Linocut art is fascinating!

Light and Voices said...

Your blog is repeat with Happy Spring images. Thank you. We had one gray day and rain after another for a spell. Today, we are enjoying warmer weather and blue skies. YEA!

Photo Cache said...

Come on, spring!

Happy Easter!

Worth a Thousand Words

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Wow, you have a lot going on in this post. I'm really entraned by linocut artists, some of them are very talented.
I'm not a gardner but my wife is and I enjoy our yearly outings to the nurseries to buy too many plants. Somehow it works out.

Rain said...

No, you CANNOT buy too many plants lol! Yes, winter is hanging on a little too long for me here in New Brunswick Dixie. But at least the temps during the day help the snow melt! I haven't been to a sugar shack in years, but I remember the maple syrup taffy on the snow and those delicious big hearty breakfasts!!!

The Happy Whisk said...

Super duper creative! I love it. We get maple from a childhood friend of hubby's. Just so good. To me, nothing beats local maple. I'm with Rain, we can't buy too many plants!

Sharon Wagner said...

That book cover is terrific!

Kinga K. said...

Fantastic flowers :D

Kinga K. said...

Stunning flowers, I love them so much <3