". Arranged Words: Looks Like Leisure

12 Mar 2014

Looks Like Leisure


When I saw this picture, I had to take a photo of it. Although sparsely furnished, I think the only thing missing from this room is a rocking chair; however, like the link suggests, the room was probably part of the kitchen and the chair Laura sits in was likely pulled from a nearby corner.

The ornately dressed mantle, like the rocking chair, may not have been practical or affordable for many households at the time, but a hooked rug would have added a little warmth and style to the room.  I have an old hooked rug made from scraps of wool.  I'll post a picture of it soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where did you find that picture? It is so neat.
Can wait to see the shawl.
Sue

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

I found it at the village. I love the look of the room. A fireside knitting spree complete with cat. What could be finer.