". Arranged Words: A Great Day for The Draw

12 Apr 2016

A Great Day for The Draw

We've been having a mixed bag of weather. Apparently, spring wants to take a little longer to arrive because we've had two snowstorms lately, but that's okay I can see the buds on the trees. I know things are happening underground and above it. All we need is a little more time and the cocooned leaves will burst out with glee after just a few warm days of sunshine.

But I digress this post is suppose to be about the draw, isn't it? Yes, it is. So without further adieu... I've pulled out my sun hat, dusted it off and dropped in the names; we gave it two or three shakes and my son, Jesse, drew from the depths Barbara Lillian's name. Congratulations Barbara! Barbara's choice from the above two prints (Marsh Wren and Ahoy) was the Ahoy birdie with his maritime flag, poking out from his sailor's hat that expressively says, "I wish to communicate with you."


He'll be winging his way over to Barbara hopefully as soon as tomorrow. I will be contacting her soon.
A special thank you to those who entered!

Enjoy the week...


2 comments:

Barbara Lilian in France said...

Hello Dixie
How lucky I am to have my name pulled out of the hat. I'm looking forward to receiving your lovely hand painted card. After I received a thank hand written card from a friend, which is rare these days . We are all so busy these days and I too am guilty of turning to sending an email as a thank you or an invite,. Thank you to your son Jesse for pulling my name out. I look forward to receiving my gift.

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

The luck of the draw was on your side it seems. Good for you!
The birdie's winging his way to you, Barbara. Mailed today...the 13th. The lady at the post office said it will take about a week. I hope so.
Jesse said, "You are welcome." :)