". Arranged Words: Books, Books, Books and A WIP

3 Mar 2017

Books, Books, Books and A WIP


It's world book day so I thought I'd post today since books are important to me. Where would I be without books? Good question. And it's a question that I can't answer definitively, or short and sweetly. I will say, I'd be a whole lot poorer. Over my reading life, books have allowed me to armchair travel; they have also given me joy, understanding, and I hope enhanced my compassion. They have provided me with many different ways of looking at the world and the people in it. Further, I am sure that certain books have save me a few times.
Looking up at my poetry shelf, I'd  also say that, for me, books have, thankfully, been The Road Taken.

So today, I like to say a great big thank you to all the writers and illustrators out there who have poured out their hearts and souls into their work.

~ If you feel so inclined, I'd love to hear you thoughts about books and a few of your favourite titles. 

One of my favorites: Love in The Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez

"Books are the quietest and most constant of friends." 
Charles W. Eliot

One of the books I'm currently reading with a lovely blue jacket.

Not a book but plants have the power to uplift too.

On my Desk . . .WIP

 
It's coming along. Hopefully four colourful birds will tweet their way around this watercolour painting. 
These days I'm working by daylight. Unfortunately, I had to send back my daylight lamp. It was  wonderful--you might say illuminating, but it hurt my sensitive eyes so much that I couldn't use it. So...it's back to the drawing board before the light fades.

“One must always be careful of books," said Tessa, "and what is inside them, for words have the       power to change us.”💗

Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Angel
 (haven't read it but what a great quote)
 Have a lovely weekend...

3 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

What a wonderful quote to end your post with.

I love the bird in your watercolor and look forward to seeing the other birds you add as well.

Have a lovely weekend ~ FlowerLady

Anonymous said...

Hi Dixie: I love this post. Books mean a lot to me, too. Right now I'm reading Alice Hoffman's 'The Dovekeepers'. It is excellent and referred to by others are her masterpiece.

I love the little bird in the watercolour, especially her tail! I look forward to seeing the completed work.

I love your blog, Dixie. Love, Joannie

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

A beautifully written post, Dixie! I could not have said it better myself. The plant fits so well on your painting, it is playing tricks with my brain :)

-Soma