". Arranged Words: Tuesday It Is

29 Aug 2017

Tuesday It Is

Hi everyone,

Since I've been on the go, it's been awhile since I've been here on Tuesday. 
I hope you all had a great summer, and or fall/winter. Not that summer is over yet, but I do feel that nip in the air.  And a few trees have been stroked by nature's paintbrush to keep us aware of the beauty yet to come.

Because I wanted to travel light, I only had a cell phone with me while traveling. I don't have the pics organized yet, but, hopefully, I'll have a few arranged soon, especially a pic of the seahorses that  I saw at Ripley's Aquarium in Toronto. I've waited all my life to see them. Sweet things!

Chrysanthemums . . . traditional autumn blooms.

I love the divine colour of these Begonias. 
My dahlias didn't grow very big, but they are appreciated.

 Common Arrowheads. So pretty!
Abigail--mission control.  
My first attempt at fashioning paper clay. A trinket dish painted with acrylic paint and stamped in the middle with a stamp I carved awhile ago. Can't wait to try another. Next time I'll try watercolour paint.
If you haven't tried Paperclay, I think you will love it. It's light weight and versatile.  It air dries in a day (no heat required) and you can paint it with acrylic or watercolour.  

 Water colour added to my sketchbook doodles. Tricky...you can only add a bit liquid or the paper lifts. My Stillman and Burn Zeta series sketchbooks recently arrived, so they should be better for watercolour.

Fern frond and maple seeds.


On the needles. . .
Swallowtail shawl.  Yarn Brooklyn Tweed's Vale... so lovely and squishy to knit with.


Cultivate your dreams.

  Have a lovely week...and enjoy a great long Labour Day weekend for my U.S. and Canadian pals.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dixie:

I've missed your blog posts. This one is beautiful. I especially love the Common Arrowheads. So pretty. I also love your 'doodles'. There is something quite whimsical about them. Thank you. Love, Joannie

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Thank so much,Joannie! It's good to be back and posting again.
Love the Common Arrowheads too. Haven't seen them for a few years because they drained the marsh for several years. But this year the water is high and the frogs, minks, other creatures, and flowers are making the most of it. xo

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

A lovely post, Dixie! Your first attempt at fashioning paper clay looks amazing! I can’t wait to see the next one you make. The sketches look really sweet. You could try the beta series, that one I find most suitable for watercolour. It’s not completely smooth though, has tiny bit of tooth to it, but smooth enough for me to use markers on it. The shawl is off to a good start. You certainly are having fun with your creative endeavours :)

-Soma