". Arranged Words: What a Difference...

12 May 2015

What a Difference...

                      What a difference a very hot week makes. (Above 30C or 86F.) Look at those trees!
When I took this picture, it was blowing a whole-sail breeze as my Mother would say (we are Maritime folks),  so the pic looks a little fuzzy because I forgot to tun up the shutter speed.


In the woods, a trillium carpet.

I am working on two courses, plus a seascape painting for someone and two of birds, so it's mostly a picture post day.

But before I go I'd like to shout out a hearty welcome to my new followers. A big thank you for following along via Google friend connect and email, etc.

Do have a lovely week!

7 comments:

Lorraine said...

A trillium carpet - how poetic, and how beautiful!

CYNTHIA CRANE said...

Your world is so lovely! No doubt its a great source of inspiration for your wonderful paintings. And that Trilium carpet! Amazing!

Fil said...

I've never seen Trillium before - how beautiful.

Kim said...

Yay for hot weather!! Oh how glorious are all those blossoms! I do love the sound of a Trillium carpet! Lovely photos, Dixie!

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

Beautiful photos! I've never seen trillium before, so pretty! Have a wonderful time painting :)

-Soma

Penny said...

You can't pick trillium in public areas in WA state. They really are special. The blossoms are beautiful on the trees, too. I wish you were here, Dixie. I would take you on an amazing hike in the Cascades. We took four of our grandkids last year, and bless their hearts, only heard a few complaints! You would NEVER. complain. 😊

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

The trillium are protected here too. I saw a few mauve ones this year for the first time ~ so beautiful!
I'd love to hike in the Cascades, and with you as a guide I'm sure we would have a lot of fun. What a great time that would be!
I do love the wild places. I'm like a big kid with an enhanced sense of wonder that seems to grow as I age. :^) Perhaps it's a second or third childhood...