". Arranged Words: Icelandic Lattice Lace Scarf, BBs, Sale

2 Aug 2016

Icelandic Lattice Lace Scarf, BBs, Sale

August 2, 2016
Lava Lace Scarf. An fun knit and easy to remember pattern. Raverly post here.
           
If you've been reading along for awhile, you will remember that I planted a Gloriosa Lily last year and several of you wanted to see it. (I had wanted to grow one for many years but I couldn't find any bulbs.) Unfortunately, the wind knocked it down last year, so I am happy to finally say TA DA... here it is. It's about 5 feet tall. Although it was hard to do, today I picked one for the drawing board.
Another favourite...Queen Anne's Lace.

Doodles of the Botanical Blue kind. My new Micron pen is not the quite the same beautiful blue as the other one. It's close but not quite. I'm searching for just the right colour.

In honour of my birthday this month, there's a 20% sale on in my shoppe. Just type in SALE at the checkout. 

Enjoy the week...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dixie: Your scarf is so beautiful. I wish I still knit! The Gloriosa Lily is gorgeous. I seem to recall, far back in the recesses of my mind, that I, too, wanted to grow this beauty. I just can't recall if I was ever able to do so. I love Queen Anne's Lace. Mom used to call it 'wild carrot'. I wasn't fond of that name. :( Your drawing is rich and full. And very blue! :) Love, Joannie

Kim said...

Your Gloriosa Lily is worthy of a ta da moment; it is stunning. Your scarf is beautiful. I love how it drapes around the back and the colour is so pretty. Love, love your pretty blue doodles, Dixie.

Carolyn said...

Gorgeous Gloriosa! I love the Queen Ann's Lace, too, and the Botanical Blue. Very pretty post!

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

Beautiful scarf, and the lily is stunning. The Botanical Blueprint looks wonderful. Happy Birthday, Dixie!

-Soma

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Thanks, Carolyn.
I'm looking for a spot where I can pick a bit of Queen Anne's Lace, it's so nice.

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Thanks,Joannie. I still have the wonderful sweater you knit for me.:)
Yes, I've heard QAL called that and also Bishop's Lace. I love how the see pods come in a cradle.

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

Your scarf is beautiful and your lily is glorious! Happy Birthday :)