". Arranged Words: A Path to Meander Down

15 May 2018

A Path to Meander Down

Hi there,

Sharing a few lovely spring pictures today along with some good news, which I will leave to the end. Hang on your hats...here we go. :) 

Waking up the senses with fresh greenery and bird song.
There's something marvelous about a meandering path in the woods. On a lovely spring day, I could keep walking forever. 

White Trillium
Because of the warm days, most of the early wildflowers have come and gone. I've caught them in my mind's eye because I often leave the camera at home.  

I adore the red trillium, but they are in another area. I hope to go there soon.
Darling violets in the leaf litter. We are blessed a bumper crop this year.
I only noticed a few little yellow violets.
Caught in the act...sunbathing. I think she said, " Ahhh. This feels so good." :)

The very rare bell flower.
Solomon's Seal


And who can forget the ferns?


Finally, the good news. My little botanical snowdrop illustration was chosen for the art exhibition to be held in the mall. The vernissage is Friday night. 

I don't have a picture of it framed yet.  And that's another story...I had to have a mat cut twice. The first mat was cut crooked, but, luckily, a lovely lady at a framing shop in town fixed it for me, and I was able to pass it in an hour before the deadline.

Cultivate your dreams...
They do come true!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your beautiful Snowdrops illustration. And once again thank you for the beautiful pictures. I love the Trillium, white and the joyous big Toad. I have always loved toads, especially the tiny ones. As a child when I saw one I would go after it, and hold it in my hand until it broke my heart and jumped off. Someone once told me I'd get warts. Stuff and nonsense is my response. Love, Joannie

Kim said...

Oh wow....I am so thrilled for you Dixie. How exciting to have your beautiful Snowdrops exhibited in the mall. I am not at all surprised as your botanical drawings/paintings are exquisite. I have enjoyed strolling with you through your woods. So many pretty sights to be seen. I too love to stroll through the woods, though down here we call it the bush. Enjoy seeing your beautiful Snowdrops on display for all to see.

Lorraine said...

Congratulations! I love your artwork and your photos of the wildflowers touch my heart. We had a bumper crop of violets this year also. They're almost all gone now. I can't imagine finding a grouping of trillium. Thank you so much for sharing.

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

Congratulation, Dixie! Well deserved. That must have been frantic and scary to have to fix the mat issue so shortly before the deadline. Such wonderful photos. Love the one of the pathway. It was great to see your wildflowers, so different than ours. Good to hear from you, I was going to email you today.

-Soma