". Arranged Words: Autumn Trails

25 Oct 2018

Autumn Trails



Our Canadian Thanksgiving has come and gone and the days are growing shorter. These shiny jewel days of light and shadow make me want to store them away like the treasure they are.
Maybe the crispiness in the air gives me a heightened sense of awareness too. Or maybe old man winter steps too close to the beauty that reigns just now. But whatever the reason, I just want to savor every moment on offer.

Crab Apples
Along the St. Lawrence River.

In the fall the sky fluctuates between stormy and fair. Rare painterly wonders.

Tree tops.

On and on...






I had hoped to have the drawing on the painting board by now. Although beautiful I am not
sure about painting yellow flowers. Already I want to paint them purple. Call it artistic license.




Gatherings.


Always a night to remember. Pumpkin Inferno.

 A little time on "a dark and stormy night" without a plan and some acrylic paint. Something, I reckon, to add to the mystery of Hallowe'en.

'Til next time.  Have a safe and Happy Hallowe'en!


I am linking to Around the World Wednesday.
And Wandering Camera.

Many thanks ladies!













16 comments:

Anonymous said...

A beautiful blog, Dixie. Autumn is a glorious month, is it not! Thank you for all the beautiful pictures, and paintings, and drawings. I'm crocheting Prayer Shawls for our church to give to people in need of healing. It feels like a sacred task. Love, Joannie

kiwikid said...

Beautiful autumn photos, love the colours in the trees.

betty-NZ said...

I am loving your autumn colors! I don't see a lot of them here in New Zealand, as we have mostly pine trees in my area.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Autumn looks very beautiful there, Dixie! The deer have been loving all the the crab apple trees that are on people's property this fall. They do look juicy!

Kim said...

I do believe Autumn is a glorious season everywhere! Yours Dixie, looks heavenly...beautiful hues. The only thing about Autumn is that Winter must follow. All your photos are magical! Love your Stormy Night painting and as ever, your flower sketch is lovely. Me thinks purple daisies are the best. =)

Anne said...

Gorgeous photos, I do love all the colours of Autumn, it really is my favourite time of year. Your sketch is fabulous, I'm sure it would look great with a touch of purple.
#wanderingcamera

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

Such beautiful pathways and warm autumn colours. So glad you got to visit Pumpkin Inferno this year, so amazing! Purple flowers would look just as beautiful as the yellow ones. My current favourite purple is dioxizine from Sennelier. "Dark and stormy night", so unlike you to paint something like that, and I like it! :)

Thank you so much for linking up on Wandering Camera, Dixie :)

-Soma

Angie said...

The picture of the crab apples really caught my eye - that tree is going to be popular with the critters once the snow flies! Thanks for your recent visit to my blog!

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Wondrous autumn! I like it, now, almost as much as spring.
Thank you, Joannie. So glad to hear you are crocheting Prayer shawls. I am sure they will be appreciated and loved.

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Wonderful colours for sure. Thank you so much!

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Hi Betty,
Isn't it nice that we can visit back and forth and see the opposite seasons. I find it so encouraging.
Pines are beautiful. They have so much character. And they smell~heavenly!

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Such a lovely time of the year, and I appreciate it more as the years pass by.
O, yes. The deer did, I am sure, enjoy many a delicious crab apple lunch.

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Thank you, Kim. I did savor autumn so much this year, and will, no doubt, re-visit these pictures as the snow continues to settle.
Yes, I do agree. Purple is a wonderful colour.

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Thank you. Anne.
There's something about the golds, oranges and reds of autumn. Autumn is a feast for the eyes for sure.

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Pumpkin Inferno definitely a must do whenever possible. Mostly young people carve the pumpkins; they do an amazing job!
I haven't painted the flowers yet. I do have a tube of Hansa yellow; that might work well.
You are most welcome, Soma. Thank you so much for hosting!

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Crab apples are the most beautiful colour. They were,it seems, even more vibrant than usual this year.
You are most welcome. A big thank you for visiting me, too, Angie!