". Arranged Words: Golden Light

21 Nov 2019

Golden Light


Hi there,

The golden light and beauty of fall can be difficult to leave behind, and since we are in the blogging ethereal realm, and I am the captain, I've decided to extend fall, at least, pictorially.



Pretty Crab Apples

 


Tanker with its russet bow—Kingston bound.


A Pumpkin with an attitude.

* * *

Pastel


 Sometimes I enjoy the spontaneity of sitting down without a plan,  reaching for a pastel and beginning. These two paintings I fashioned from bits of memory. The second reminds me of the boreal forest of Canada. When I lived in the north, I was surrounded by black spruce with a spongy carpet of reindeer moss covering their roots.

A fact of interest: Canada's boreal forest extends from the Yukon to Newfoundland and Labrador, covering 55% of the country and, at this time, is the largest intact forest in the world!
 It covers approximately three million square km.  

I own a limited pastel palette, but I am searching, most especially, for beautiful blue pastels for the sky and for lakes and the ocean.


On the needles...

Winter companion knitting.
A lovely pattern designed by Gundrun Johnston depicting the trees of Shetland.

'Til Next time...



Cultivate Your Dreams




Many thanks ladies for hosting.

14 comments:

Alexandria said...

Beautiful memories of autumn captured in your photography and your knitting project looks wonderful.

Anonymous said...

I love your pumpkin with an attitude! More like a communicable disease! :) :) I love all of your pictures but especially the one that reminds you of the Boreal Forest of Canada. And I love the green of your knitting which depicts the trees of Shetland. Thank you for posting, Dixie. Love, Joannie

Lorraine said...

There are certain times, mostly in the autumn I feel, that the angle of the sun particularly captures the beauty of nature. Autumn should definitely last longer. Love your pastels. Such gorgeous scenes. And looking forward to seeing the end result of that knitting.

kiwikid said...

Beautiful autumn photos, you knitting looks stunning.

Indrani said...

Beautiful set of pictures from your world.
Loved the art work a lot. Happy OWT!

Rain said...

Hi Dixie :) Thanks for sharing your photos. I love your pumpkin with an attitude! :) I appreciate the fall extension, we have so much snow already up here in northern Quebec - but I LOVE living in the mountains, the woods here are fantastic. I am very much at home despite the weather! Your pastels are very pretty! And I can imagine how soft that yarn is, looks very nice, I love greens. I'm sure your shawl will be so comfy and cozy!

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Gorgeous your photos and the painted pictures are so beautiful! Your handiwork has a beautiful pattern and color. Have fun knitting
have nice Weekend
Elke

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

The colors of Autumn are just a memory here in Colorado, as we've had quite a bit of snow early this year, but I love seeing photos of it! I wish our season were longer too, as It is my favorite season.
I loved visiting the boreal forest in Canada on a side trip to the Yukon on our trip to Alaska.
Your pastels are beautiful!

Lady Fi said...

Such lovely light!

Pink Rose said...

Lovely post Dixie,love your knitting,hope you have a wonderful day xx

betty-NZ said...

Your autumn photos are stunning to see! I love the pumpkin with an attitude a lot :)

Your paintings are gorgeous and the knitting pattern is very pretty. I crochet but could never get the hang of knitting :(



My Corner of the World

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...


Beautiful autumn photos. I love backlit trees in fall, they seem to glow. Wow, that is a different pumpkin indeed. Such beautiful paintings. Love colours and the skies. Boreal Forest must be an enchanting place. A bit like what you knitting :)

Thank you so much for linking up on Wandering Camera, Dixie!
-Soma

Powell River Books said...

Would those be the same kind of crab apples that can be spiced and canned? I do love the taste of those. - Margy

betty-NZ said...

Your link at 'My Corner of the World' this week is much appreciated!


My Corner of the World