". Arranged Words: Silhouettes

7 Dec 2019

Silhouettes


Hi there,

'Tis the season! I hope you are all having fun with your Christmas preparations, or other holiday planning.

Not my usual Tuesday post, but the good Elves won the debate and decided to post early.


Sunset

I love the beautiful shapes and silhouettes of the bare trees.  As a bonus, once the leaves have flown away, you can sometimes see the intricate nests that birds have left behind.  Often overlooked, I, for one, love the beauty of a world laid bare.





 Speaking of Christmas, what would Christmas be without the redemptive tales? A Christmas Carol  and The Grinch come to mind. Tales that prove that kindness changes everything.

In my recent travels I saw the Grinch in a yard pulling the Christmas tree lights off the roof of the house.
Although I don't have a picture of that scene, I am including the Grinch that I enjoyed painting a couple of years ago for my brother-in-law who really does enjoy the tale.



“Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before! What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas...perhaps...means a little bit more!”

Dr. Seuss


 Have a very Merry Christmas!
And if you do not celebrate Christmas, enjoy your holidays!

I hope to see everyone in the New Year.

Best Wishes...

Cultivate Your Dreams



  I'll be linking up to parties. Please see my Link Parties page.  If you have time, please drop by these wonderful blogs for a visit.
                                                                         
Thank you ladies for
hosting!


12 comments:

Kim said...

I love your gorgeous photos of your "world laid bare", Dixie...just stunning! Your picture of The Grinch does make me smile. May your Christmas be merry and bright, lovely Dixie.

Anonymous said...

Hi Dixie:

I love your photos of the bare trees. As you love bare trees, I love the desert!

I love your painting of the Grinch! So cute.

I hope your Christmas is Merry and Bright and all the very best in 2020.

Love, Joannie

betty-NZ said...

I love the beauty we can find in the sky at any time with the different types and shapes of the clouds. And, it's a bonus for me because I love trees, too!


My Corner of the World

Lady Fi said...

Such pretty shots!

Indrani said...

Lovely captures for SWF!
Have a great weekend!

Jyothi said...

That Second image is just wow! Merry Christmas in advance.

https://mybucketlistdiary.com/peace-palace-in-the-hague-netherlands/

Jim said...

Very beautiful.

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Really beautiful photos, and I love that quote!

Klara said...

gorgeous shots.

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

Such beautiful colours and as you already know I also love bare trees. The ones in your photos are so wispy. The last thing I expected to see on your blog is a picture of the Grinch! :D

Thank you so much for sharing this post on Wandering Camera. Happy Holidays to you too!

-Soma

Light and Voices said...

Oh my goodness the Grinch painting is great!

Tammie Lee said...

Hi Dixie,

your silhouettes are beautiful.
and your drawing is quite fun.
lovely to think of the spirit of the season too.

Happy Holidays to you and yours.