". Arranged Words: Bright Spots

12 May 2020

Bright Spots

Across the river the beautiful Adirondack Mountains.

May 12, 2020

Hi there,

How's the lock down going? Over this way, luckily, we are not totally confined to quarters, so most days I strive to get out there to recharge.  But I know many people are confined, and, if you are, I hope you will be free to roam very soon.


I like the shape of this sumac. In the fall, when the seeds turn a deep maroon, I may paint this scene with a bit of artistic license thrown in.



 I've been scrutinizing the trees for signs life. As a species, they do not give up their secrets too quickly.  But it seems as soon as I turn my back, the leaves pop out.


Tiny promises of spring peek out as soon as the earth shakes off the cold. I love the reflections and the green shoots around the edges of the water.




* * *

Paintings
 Yupo paper and water colours.

         
             And recently, I was delighted to send a print of my pastel painting: "Fall In The Yukon" off to a new home.

 Thank you for your company!

  Be well and be safe!

Cultivate your dreams.


Linking to Link Parties via my link party page. Do drop in for a visit. Thank you ladies for hosting.

20 comments:

Peabea Scribbles said...

So true on the buds. My maple tree one day none and then it's getting leaves galore. Awesome that you do art. I admire those that do. Have a good week.

Gardenrelish said...

Pretty photos of your area waking up. Have a great week.

Kim Sharman said...

I love the reflections water reveal to us. What a beautiful painting your "Fall in the Yukon" is. It must be wonderful to know that your art hangs on another's wall. You have amazing landscapes in which to roam, Dixie.

Veronica Lee said...

Lovely promises of spring peeking out!

Happy Wednesday!

Powell River Books said...

Our trees are now in full leaf mode. When we started our daily walks in early March they were bare. I ordered some paper and watercolours but haven't tried to use them yet. - Margy

Anonymous said...

Hi Dixie:
Love the pictures and your paintings. Our lilac sent out very few blooms which Guy cut down so I could put them in a vase. They are in my bedroom and smell divine. They don't last long but they are beautiful I planted the lilac the spring after we moved to our present home - a 4" pot that has grown to be 20' high. Now I'm going to have someone come and cut it right back so I may not see it bloom again. Hopefully I will. I also hope to out live this pandemic and see the back of Trump, never to see him again! :) Love, Joannie

betty-NZ said...

I like the details that you captured. Congrats on the new home for your print :)

Your corner is beautiful this week! Thanks for sharing it at the 'My Corner of the World' link up.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, lovely series of photos. I enjoy seeing everything turning green, spring is gorgeous. Your view of the Adirondacks is beautiful. I love the print "Fall in the Yukon". Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy weekend.

NatureFootstep said...

I love your mountain painting :)

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

Gorgeous photos from your walk, Dixie!! What a beautiful view of the Adirondack Mountains across the river. I can easily see you painting the scene in pastel or oil paint. I have some Yupo paper, you encourage me to pull it out and play a little. Congratulations on the sale, love that print!

-Soma

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Yes, the leaves have a way of surprising you. I sometimes wonder how it happens. :)
Thank you.

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Thank you. It is getting pretty out there!

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Thank you, Kim.
I am pleased it is off to a new home.
I can get lost in the wavering reflections---on water that is.:)

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Oh yes! And what a lovely feeling.
Enjoy the week!

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Oh good for you. So nice to see the new shoots.
I am pleased to hear that you have watercolours and paper.
I know you will love them.
Enjoy and Happy Painting!

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Thank you, Joannie.
Lilacs do smell divine. There's a huge tree below me, and sometimes
when I have my window open and the breeze is blowing from the right direction it smells, well, wonderful!
Twenty feet. Wow! Amazing how big they can get.

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Thank you, Betty.
Always a pleasure to link up with "My Corner of the World."

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Ah spring. To say the word feels good. :)
Thank you so much.
Enjoy...

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Thank you! Much appreciated.

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Yes, it just may be one for the easel. I love that little cabin to the left side of the picture as well.
Have fun with your Yupo paper. I like splashing colours about on it.
Thank you so much, Soma.