". Arranged Words: Second Thoughts

25 Jan 2022

Second Thoughts

 


Hi Everyone, 

I hope you all doing well and I also hope you all had a wonderful holiday season.

Over this way, we are still deep in the throes of a quiet winter. To pass the time, I've been watching gardening videos, cruising seed catalogues, painting, reading, and mostly staying at home tucked in warmth and comfort. For that, and many more things, I am truly grateful.

Since we are in lock down, and unable to meet, the art group will be exchanging post cards complete with up lifting messages soon. I am looking forward to receiving one and it was fun to participate even from afar. 

A lot of cloud cover equals warmer temperatures.

 In case you are are looking forward to a change in seasons.  A little birdie told me there are only 8 more Mondays until spring!

 

Also, I recently happened upon this magazine which is right up my alley. I love art studios--all types of studios. It might have something to do with the fact that I don't have one, but, then again, any small area will do. One of the best studios I've seen, well not personally, was the one in the movie Nights in Rodanthe. In a studio, the air always seems charged with creative thought and ideas. They are places were I always feel at welcome. (I've been lucky enough to visit a few wonderful ones in this area.)

Once  a year there used to be a  blog hop that featured studios. I can't find it now, but it anyone knows of studio blog hops, please let me know.

 

                                                                         Pastel on Paper

 As you may have noticed, I love mountains, hills, fossils, rocks and even a mounts of gravel. :) After finishing this painting, I decided to try another with different values and hues. Always fun to experiment.

 
 Decided to raise the chroma (intensity) with second thoughts. There are areas I like in both. Perhaps I will give it another go sometime.


Cheerful Amaryllis, Primrose and Hibiscus. Very proud of the fact that I've been able to keep the Hibiscus alive for about four years and every winter one miraculous, magical bloom appears to light up the world. 
                                                              'Til next time...

                                                         Cultivate your dreams

                                    Linking to Link Parties via my link party page. 

The parties cover most of the the globe; there’s much to see and admire, so do stop in for a few visits. 

                                                         Many thanks to the hosts.











32 comments:

Lydia C. Lee said...

I love this idea with the post cards. How lovely, and creative. First lockdown I sent people cards that were photgraphs of them on a day we'd spent together on a boat. It was fun to do (and a few people got quite a lift from them)

Lorraine said...

Your landscapes are breathtaking. The postcard exchange sounds like a wonderful idea. It's so nice to have such beautiful blooms this time of the year.

Kim said...

Dixie, I purchase 'In Her Studio' every quarter. It is a fabulous magazine. There is so much inspiration as one turns each page, visiting each artist's studio and reading their stories. Did you say there are only 8 Mondays until Spring. That means 8 Mondays until Autumn for me.....then winter. =( Your last painting, Dixie is divine. It is such a delight to the eyes.

R's Rue said...

The postcard exchange sounds fun. Stay warm my friend.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Peabea Scribbles said...

Love postcards and any snail mail. Sounds like a great way to catch up. Hopefully your lockdown will end soon and this dreadful virus will be out of here. You are so talented. I think that would be so enjoyable to paint. Enjoy seeing your work.

Veronica Lee said...

Love the postcard-exchange idea.

As always, your paintings are beautiful , Dixie!

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

I love your amaryllis - they're my favorite flower. Living in Florida, they are planted in the yard and will bloom by March.

Emille (Jeshstgermain) said...

Thank you for coming to my blog! I love to do pastels. It is so easy to make it look good with that medium. Happy to see your art!

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

It was fun to do. You could either use a photograph or artwork. I choose
artwork.
I bet your cards were well received. It's so nice to receive mail.

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

I try and have something blooming throughout the winter. Thank goodness for grocery store plants and flowers.
I will fill the place with Amaryllis and Hibiscus if I could. :)
Thank you, Lorraine.

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Thank you. Even though we have lost the power a couple of times, so far we have been lovely and warm.

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Yes, it will be fun to receive a card. Closing is the 31st to get one ready: Jan 31st. The same day that lock down is over,
Thank you very much!
Best Wishes

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Hi Veronica,
Loved visiting your blog today. Looks so beautiful there.
Thank you so much.

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Oh that would be wonderful to have Amaryllis planted in the yard. You must get a lot of blooms.
I usually keep them and put them outside in the summer, hoping to build the bulb for another round of blooms. Sometimes it works..sometimes not.

Kinga K. said...

Amazing nature❤

riitta k said...

Love your landscape paintings! The winter is grey and quiet here too, but we are soon in February and that is great!

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Always a treat to be outside even when it's chilly. Thank you.

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Yes, February will bring more light. Always a joy to have longer days.
Thank you, Riitta.

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

You are welcome. Always fun to jump on board the blog hops.
Pastels are a lovely medium. Watercolour can be tricky, but oil, acrylic, and pastels are more forgiving. The challenge: stay away from making mud.:)
Thank you.

Valerie-Jael said...

Your paintings and photos are beautiful, thanks for sharing. Have a great weekend, happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

Christine said...

Beautiful art

Gillena Cox said...

I received a Christmas card today and loving it. Our mail is still very s low and there are postal restrictions to various countries still.

Warm Wishes Have a good weekend

much love...

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

Lovely paintings and photos.

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Stunning rolling landscapes, so nice to see the season change within it such beautiful work. It sounds like you are keeping very cosy counting down the weeks till spring.
Happy PPF Tracey x

Jeanie said...

First of all, thank you so much for coming to visit me at Marmelade Gypsy, for it has led me to your lovely blog. We share many things in common, including an interest in watercolor and I'm enjoying exploring your pages and will follow. I only see bloglovin as a choice and I do that, but lately haven't received the daily notifications, which is super frustrating! Love your pastel and the wonderful photos of the area by your home. Thank you so much for visiting and I'll look forward to returning.

Linda Kunsman said...

Love the postcard idea. Such a nice way to stay in touch and brighten someone's day! Beautiful landscape art Dixie. Happy PPF!

Suzana said...

Lovely paintings, images and ideas!
Nice seeing a new post! And the flowers are amazing!
Have a beautiful weekend!

Cindy D. said...

8 more Mondays until Spring, oh that makes it sound bearable! Your landscapes are so wonderfully bright and charming. I just started doing some in acrylics. Stay warm!

carol l mckenna said...

Oh gorgeous pastels and art cards from art group sounds wonderful ~ Xo

Wishing you lots of love in your days,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

NatureFootstep said...

lol. My "studio" is a balcony table :) and the computer of course. :)

Love your mountain Pastel :)

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

I like the meadow one with the raised chroma (intensity) and thank you for both and for the new vocabulary word (I am not an artist needless to say). I have tried sometimes to give my photographs a more technicolor effect (which I now know means raising the chroma). My husband hates it. He wants all the pictures I take to stay exactly like what we saw that moment I snapped, so I don't do it often and never in the blog. But I like intense color.

Rajani Rehana said...

Mind blowing post