". Arranged Words: Mixing It Up

26 Sept 2023

Mixing It Up

Fishing shacks in Blue Rocks, N.S.

   Hi Everyone,

 Two photos from hurricane Lee that recently blew over Nova Scotia.

                                                            A very good day to stay home.
 

                                  Autumn has arrived and the leaves are slowly changing. I'm always picking up leaves and such even when I say I won't.


                                    Came upon this welcome scene in the middle of the woods.


                                                                       Burning Bush

A lethargic bee

                                                With the temps dropping the bees are moving slowly. Great photo opportunity, but not good for the bees. I am not sure if these worker bees made it back to the hive.


                                                                           * * *

The Birdhouse Inn

The beautiful artwork today is by Jeanie who blogs at The Marmalade Gypsy. You can find Jeanie here. Jeanie sent me this delightful card as a thank you for being a winner of my recent giveaway.

 
Until Next Time...

                                                             Cultivate Your Dreams

                                              Linking to Link Parties via my link party page. 

                                                Thanks to all for hosting.  

25 comments:

Lydia C. Lee said...

Very lovely- glad you weren't too affected by the hurricane. Must have been scary. #PictorialTuesday

Kym said...

All these photos are so beautiful! Even the wild weather - but so glad you stayed safe at home!

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

Beautiful shots of fall!

Kinga K. said...

Pretty autumn photos <3

Veronica Lee said...

Beautiful fall photos, Dixie.
I'm so glad you were safe from the hurricane.

Jeanie said...

Wow -- those waves are unbelievable! You're right -- a good day to stay home. And I loved your still life arrangement of leaves and berries. Very fall!

Irma said...

What beautiful autumn photos.
Photo two is indeed stormy weather and I would stay at home.
I wish you a good weekend.
Greetings Irma

Suzana said...

Impressive images. Have you been in that area, near the hurricane?
It looks dangerous...
Have a fine weekend, Dixie, full of inspirations! ❤️😘

J. S. Vila said...

El paisaje en Nueva Escocia es verdaderamente espectacular y bello. Y ese día de mar tan fuerte, es bonito de ver, lejos de las olas naturalmente.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

I hope you and yours were all safe after the hurricane and its aftermath! Those sunflowers are so pretty -- color is even more important this time of year! I think it's great that you still pick up beautiful red leaves -- I still pick up a few fallen acorns every year -- there is just something about seeing them that makes me feel like a kid again and I need to collect!

Jim said...

Great shots.

betty-NZ said...

Thanks for sharing your link at My Corner of the World this week!

J.P. Alexander said...

Me encanta la primera foto. Te mando un beso.

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

We got a lot of rain from it in this area.
I was not in N.S. for this one, but I have been through many.
They can be scary.

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Thank you, Kim

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Thanks, Heather.

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Hi Kinga,
Thank you.

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Hi Veronica Lee,
Sorry, I didn't make it clear, but my brother-in-law sent these photos, so
I thought I would post them.
I got to sit this hurricane out here in Ontario.

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Thank you, Irma.

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Hi Suzana,
I was home here in Ontario. I should have said I was sent these photos by
family, so thought I would include them.
Best Wishes to you...

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Thank you

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Hi Sallie,
My family are all fine. Thank you.
Several trees down, but no real damage; they were lucky.
I love acorns too. I have a few on my desk. :)

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Thank you, Jim.

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Thank you so much for hosting, Betty.

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Thank you, J.P.
Best Wishes too.