". Arranged Words: Parade of Colour

31 Oct 2023

Parade of Colour

 

                                                                       Sumacs 

Hi everyone,

Here we are surrounded by beauty. "All good things come to those who wait." Apparently still rings true. So pleased to witness the late autumn show. Nature is full of surprises. What a beautiful world we live in.



Generally I try and take photos off the beaten path, but not this time.  Absolutely adore these colours—straight out of nature's paint box.

                                                          
                                                                         Stunning


What a difference a day can make.
October 30th. Snow disappeared by early afternoon.



                       
Hallowe'en tonight so those ghostly looking rain drops could mean spooky goings on are afoot.

When I was a child I was taught to spell Hallowe'en with an apostrophe. Does anyone else remember this? It's not something you see anymore, but I really like the way it looks. Lends a touch of mystery to the proceedings.

             * * * 

                       Mr. Edgar Allan Poe--first airing, I think, of a drawing from several                                                                               years ago.
                         
Quoth the Raven “Nevermore.”  E.A. Poe.

Have a safe and Happy Hallowe'en!
              
'Til Next Time...Cultivate Your dreams

                                                Linking to Link Parties via my link party page. 

                                                         Thanks to all for hosting.  




34 comments:

Sandee said...

Beautiful fall colors. I love all the warm colors of fall.

Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday. ♥

Veronica Lee said...

Gorgeous autumn hues.
I absolutely love the rich and warm shades of the season.

Hugs and blessings, Dixie.

Peabea Scribbles said...

Yes, this Earth is a masterpiece artwork. So many beautiful places. Loved seeing your captures.

Jeanie said...

Oh Dixie, your color is beautiful. That red and gold together -- wow. And I do love the sumac. Our temps have dropped and we had our first snow on Halloween -- I was surprised it was still sticking when I woke up yesterday. I have a vague recollection of Hallowe'en but I don't remember being taught that way, maybe just seeing it in stories. You're right -- it does look more mysterious!

Christine said...

Lovely fall photos and great art!

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

Amazing colors!

Tom said...

...sumas if often considered a weed, but it's a colorful weed! Enjoy your colors while you can.

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

The Fall colors have been extraordinary this year, haven't they? Your pictures are beautiful and no, I was never taught to use an apostrophe in Halloween ... not sure I get the point of it. But, love your drawing of EAP and His RAVON :) I am cultivating a dream that I hope will come true this year ... more about that later :) Stay warm, Dixie ... I fear winter is early this year :(

Andrea @ From the Sol

peppylady (Dora) said...

I like fall colors.
Coffee is on.

Gillena Cox said...

Nice pencil work. Luv your Autumn splendor

Much🖤love

sirkkis said...

Colorful autumn series, beautiful!
A good drawing 👍

J.P. Alexander said...

lindas imagenes. Te mando un beso.

bookworm said...

Your fall color is beautiful. On one of our walking trails there used to be a line of sumacs and I always loved to see them turn. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

Ida said...

Some beautiful fall colors. Loving the Sumac photo.

Kinga K. said...

Pretty Autumn photos :)

Rain said...

I love your Poe, Dixie! Beautiful autumn photos. We had a little snow here too, I'm so not ready for it!

Tanza Erlambang said...

love Autumn..... beautiful colors

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Beautiful autumn photos! This is my favorite season

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Thank you for hosting, Sandee.

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Autumn never fails to dazzle.
Hugs and blessings to you too, Veronica.

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Thank you. We are richly rewarded each season. :)

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Thank you, Christine.

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Razzle, dazzle for sure.
Best Wishes to you, Carol.

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

So true. All this will be a memory too soon.

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Thank you, Dora.

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Many thanks, Gillena.

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Autumn goes by so fast. It was lovely though.
Thank you, Sirkkis

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

I appreciate your comments, J.P.

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

I do like the Sumacs. They always come though with a great colour.

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Thanks, Ida.
Best Wishes to you...

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Poe was fun to take a 'stab' at.
Thanks, Rain...much appreciated.

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

It is a wonderful time of year.
The colours arrived a bit later than usual, but it was definitely worth the wait.

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Seems I missed fall for many years. In the north, the climate went from summer to fall to winter in a snap. So now it's a real treat to have autumn linger for sometime.

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Found this Quote from Merriam-webster.com "All Hallows' Even was shortened to Hallow-e'en by the 16th century. The word Hallowe'en began to lose its apostrophe in the 18th century, though we still have some evidence for the apostrophized version."
Hard to say what century I am living in? :^)
Thank you, Andrea.
My very best wishes for your dream to come true, Andrea. :)
I hope you will share it, too.