". Arranged Words: Mixing It Up

14 Jan 2020

Mixing It Up


Jan.14, 2020

Hi there,

I hope you all had a lovely holiday. We did and it flew by. Now back to reality with plans for
painting, hiking, knitting and reading to add creativity to the hours and bolster the spirit.

Checking over last year's reading list, I didn't read as many books as I hoped, but I so enjoyed the ones that I did read. Cold Earth by Sarah Moss stands out in my memory, along with the very popular A Gentlemen in Moscow by Amor Towles. And Pachinko by Min Jin Lee was a definite eye opener.
Several more come to mind, but I will leave it there for now.  Since I am always on the outlook for good books, I'd love to hear what you enjoyed reading.


Feathered Friend


A bunny recently passed this way.


From the oasis corner.

In case you missed it, yesterday was national clean your desk day. That makes me laugh although I can make a hot mess in no time, and since I have limited space, I find it difficult to paint if things get out of hand.


So to help tame the upcoming chaos, I raced off to Ikea to buy a set of office drawers which hold, among other things, my watercolour paintings. 
 Although I drew the mistletoe and wreath, I must credit the wonderful botanical painter, Billy Showell, whose free you tube videos I watched as I tried to mix and match her colours.


A trillium line drawing added to my list of flowers to paint.


Recently, I also bought drawers for my pastels. Unfortunately the width of the drawers are too small for Unison pastels, but the Rembrandt's fit nicely.
So this year, among other things, it’s all about organization. A place for everything and everything in its place. 
'Til next time...

Cultivate Your Dreams

Linking to:  Our World Tuesday
                    My Corner of the World
                    Friday Bliss

8 comments:

Tanya Breese said...

Darn I missed national clean your desk day....haha I remember always having a messy desk in elementary school too!

betty-NZ said...

I enjoy posts with a variety of images. Loving your scenery and your flowers, too :)

I'm glad you joined us at 'My Corner of the World'!

My Corner of the World

Veronica Lee said...

Such delightful images!

Happy Thursday!

riitta k said...

These Ikea drawers are so handy, I have them too. Birds are always wonderful to wath. Yesterday I saw a goshawk sitting on my maple, but she flew away before I got my cmera ready : Thank you for linking, wishing great weekend.

Gattina said...

I love painting too and it keeps me busy, writing too and taking photos.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Love your cute Chickadee, great photo. Your flowers are beautiful, it is nice to have some blooms and colors in the home. Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy new week ahead.

Little Wandering Wren said...

Oh my, National Clear My Desk day passed me by. Does that mean I'm ok to leave it for another year lol?! Looks an icy start to your year, we're in summer here and had a tropical hail storm! This Little wren is as chuffed as your little bird looks with that snow!
Wren x

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

Beautiful snaps of your surroundings Dixie! Your desk looks so lovely with all the paintings and colours. Love the easel and your shell palette. Doesn't it make you smile when you open those drawers, colours waiting for you.

-Soma